Most of you have probably heard of Omegle. Omegle allows you to chat with a stranger within seconds. Since not too long time ago, Omegle is providing a service to have video conversations with strangers as well.
Recently when i was surfing the web, i came across a question of an Omegle user. He declared that he’s been chatting to someone that knew his location, therefore he asked if it’s possible to locate A chat partner on Omegle and if so, how to do that. The following is a little tutorial that shows you how how to trace a stranger on Omegle, I decided to write it after I have read this question. It works for Videochat, not for Textchat.
UPDATE: Please check my new post concerning stranger tracking on Omegle for the easiest way to locate your chat opponent.
It’s feasible to locate a Computer on the basis of his IP-Adress althought the locatlisation won’t probably be that precise, but at least it should indicate you the right country. You can do that very easyly on several websites (e.g. ipmap.com), for this procedure you only need to figure out the IP of the Omegle-Stranger you want to locate.
How to get the IP adress? For this you’d best use a sniffer. Sniffers are dedicated to monitor the datatraffic of your PC. A well known sniffer for Windows is PacketMon, its freeware and quite easy to use.
1. Download and install PacketMon from analogx.com.
2. Download this rule file and extract it.
3. Run PacketMon. Be sure that you run it as administrator, otherwise you’ll probably get the error “Unable to open raw socket, packet monitoring cancelled” later.
4. Click Rules/Edit Active Rule, press the Load button and chose the rule file you’ve downloaded before. This filter is going show all the UDP packets which Omegle videochat uses for communication.
5. Start a videoconversation on Omegle.
6. Press the Start button to begin to monitor your traffic. When you’ve got a few records, that doesn’t mean that they always have to be transmitted by Omegle. Watch out for several records of the same two IP-Adresses. You’ll always get both a source IP and a destination IP, that depends on who sent and who received the package. You’re hopefully going to have a result like this:
7. You got two different IP adresses now, one is yours and the other one is the stranger’s. Now you can locate the IP of the stranger for example with ipmap.com.
8. Have fun and make the strangers stunning